9/21/11

The Diamond Snowman?

I believe.
I believe in myself.
I believe in plaid flannel.
I believe in taking care of what you have.
I believe in eyelashes, 11:11, and shooting stars
I believe in love notes and letters for no good reason.
I believe in laughing.  Every day.  Probably 47 times a day.
I believe in wearing sweats.  With unwashed hair.  And no makeup.
I believe in happy songs, and sad songs, and silly songs, and dancing songs.
I believe in birthdays, parades, fireworks, and everything "celebrate."
I believe in classical music, long naps, and real meals on Sunday.
I believe in big windows and brightly colored doors.
I believe in trying to be better every day.
I believe in children's books.
I believe in sleeping in.
"I do believe in fairies.
I do. I do."
I believe in yoga.
I believe in puppies.
I believe in working hard.
I believe in cuddling.  All the time.
I believe in learning everything you can.
I believe in doing what you love.  Your whole life.
I believe in Disney cartoons and Broadway musicals.
I believe in eyeshadow and lipgloss and excellent hair products.
I believe in praying on your knees, in your car...actually, anywhere.
I believe in taking pictures, writing things down, and keeping ticket stubs.
I believe in borrowing large sweatshirts from boys who smell good.
I believe in cousin sleepovers and back tickles from Mommy.
I believe in Christmas lights and dancing in the rain.
I believe in making things aesthetically pleasing.
I believe in telling people how you really feel.
I believe in summer walks late at night.
I believe in family traditions.
I believe in spandex.
I believe in love.
Real love.
I believe in God.
I believe in changing.
I believe in mismatched socks.
I believe in sitting at the kid table.
I believe in helping others find happiness.
I believe in giving far more than you receive.
I believe in making plans and then being spontaneous.
I believe in curling my hair at midnight just because it's fun.
I believe in sidewalk chalk, glitter, American Girl dolls, and swings.
I believe in getting butterflies from being kissed on the hand
I believe in pretending the car wash is a roller-coaster.
I believe in a gentleman who takes care of his lady.
I believe in being a very wise silly person.
I believe in experiencing new things.
I believe in happily forever after.
I believe in good Mondays.
I believe in Christ.
I believe.

6 comments:

  1. Erin. This is super cool. I'm so happy to hear you're loving life...why haven't I seen you on campus?! You're awesome. Seriously, this rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe in mismatched socks, American Girl dolls {Kirsten was my fav}, and being kissed on the hand.

    cute blog!

    jwpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a believer in this diamond snowman too:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I must create a creed like this for myself xx

    ReplyDelete