8/27/13

30, Flirty, and Thriving...

You know how in 13 Going on 30 13-year-old Jenna just thinks her whole life will fall into place when she's 30? Well, my 13 week self thought the same thing about being 30 weeks. And guess what?

yoga leggings and husband t-shirts=erin's pregnancy style

I WAS RIGHT!

30 weeks is the absolute best.

I feel the best I have since I got pregnant. Really quick let's get the bad things out of the way (because it is pregnancy we are talking about here so there's gotta be at least a couple negatives).

  • I'm allergic to being pregnant. For reals. My hands broke out in this awesome itchy red bumpy rash that is super attractive and super not annoying... I thought it was a reaction to a lotion or something, but it didn't go away. Asked my dr. about it on the way out of my appointment last week and he's like, "Oh yeah, that happens all the time. You're just hypersensitive to pregnancy. We don't worry about it unless it breaks out all over your body. Take some Benadryl." So, you know, what I've been saying for the last 7 months is true: MY BODY DOESN'T DO THIS! Also, funny side note, Bryson and I were playing Would You Rather a few weeks ago and I was asked if I would rather have an itch that never goes away or a sneeze that won't ever come? I said the itch. Wish granted! And I actually am very proud of myself for severely limiting my scratching. 
  • Shaving my legs is pretty much out of the question these days. Baby does not like to be squished. So maybe minus the "flirty" part of the title of this post.
  • My ribs don't seem to know how to do this. My stomach is stretching just fine, my hips don't bother me at all, legs feel great, back is fine. But my ribs? Sheesh. They hurt something fierce.
Yay! That's it! And I can totally handle the not shaving part. So really, only 2 bad things. Now, for the good stuff.

  • Only 10 more weeks! 10! That is oh so doable. 
  • I'm like this crazy happy person? All those happy hormones finally hit me and I just love them so much.
  • It feels close. When you have 30 weeks to go and you're in the middle of puking your guts out, you feel like you will be pregnant for longer than forever. But now... she's 3 pounds and we're like on the last little stretch here. We can do this little baby! That's a super cool feeling.
  • Speaking of throwing up, it's been 10 weeks since I have. Victory dances all around.
  • I can still pick things up off the floor. I still have one pair of jeans that I can button. I survived my glucose test. It's the little things.
  • IT IS FALL! Bryson started school today so it's official. Fall means not 100 degree weather. And also pumpkin things and boots.
So, see what I mean? Happy freaking Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment