1/17/12

The Body Issue: Part 2

I remember it most in high school.
The weighing, the skipping meals, the worrying.
Worry worry worry
I wasted so much time worrying!
I worried about my bubble bum in ballet
I worried about eating school lunch
I worried about fitting in size 0's
I was told all the time that I was skinny
Tiny
After a while, I thought that was who I was
And that if I woke up one day and wasn't, I wouldn't be me.
My body began to define my spirit
I realize now how potentially dangerous that is to a soul
My focus was skinny and the byproduct was a small obsession
And a lot of wasted time
(It could have been so much worse)
Now balance is the focus.
I am healthy and happy
I have learned to love myself and others
I am stronger
I am wiser
I am less critical
I am closer to the Lord
And I'm still thin--but that isn't the point.
The point is I am trusted with a divine gift
Everyone is
And we choose every day whether we'll
Care for it
or abuse it

Choose the first one

3 comments:

  1. These are great, Erin. And definitely something everyone can relate to on some level. Thanks. And please post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS. Yay!! Congrats!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete